Mathare Peace Initiative Kenya (MPI-KENYA) is a Social Network Community Based organization based in Mathare. The organization works in Mathare and its environs and the coordination of its activities are conducted from Mathare number 10 where the organization’s Office is located. MPI-Kenya is registered in the Office of the Vice President Ministry of Home Affairs, Heritage and Sports, Department of Social Services. Currently the organization has a membership of thirty both males and female. The organization was formed in 2009 and was registered in 2012 it is among the pioneer peace building and human rights organizations championing for peaceful community in a resource constrained settings. MPI Kenya is dedicated to build a community free from conflict and promote sustainable peace and ethnic tolerance among the different communities in informal settlements of Mathare. MPI Kenya is made up of motivated, energetic women and youth certain to become leaders and change makers.
Our Vision statement
To have a fair, just, peaceful human right community for all.
Our core value
We believe in transparency and accountability to both the community and sponsors.
To promote and protect the humans rights for vulnerable groups in society to fully understand their rights, realize their potential and capabilities through social mentor-ship, peace building and governance. To raise the socioeconomic status of youth and women by engaging them in gainful and skills building for service to the community
- To identify, gaps and bridge the violence caused by youth and help them to become part of meaningful citizenry in Kenya.
- To create a peaceful coexistence and cohesion.
- To reduce new cases of HIV/AIDS infections, teenage pregnancies, school dropouts and embrace a culture free from SGBV.
OUR STRATEGIC PLAN
Democratic values and attributes among young leaders in schools and CBOs in Mathare enhanced by 2017 and attained by 2019.
2. Participatory and accountable human rights-cantered governance among legislative and executive actors in Nairobi County-enhanced by 2017 and attained by 2019.
3. The capacity of CBO and school going leaders in human rights discourse, advocacy and democratic development-enhanced by 2018 and attained by 2019.
4. Institutionalization and financial capacity of Mathare peace initiative Kenya secured by 2016. ENCOURAGE: Encourage the communities to ratify, popularize and monitor implementation of key standards and legislation.
OUR WORK IN THE COMMUNITY IS TO,
ENCOURAGE the communities to ratify, popularize and monitor implementation of key standards and legislations.
INFORM Citizens so that they are empowered to act and claim their key rights and freedoms.
DEVELOP Capacity of inclusive local and national platforms to popularize, engage and hold leaders accountable